- Consumer Reports has consistently ranked Wegmans as the best supermarket in the country.
- Fortune recently ranked Wegmans as the 7th best company to work for in the country.
- Wegmans, based in the Rochester suburb of Gates, is one of the region's three largest employers.
- Wegmans has its own organic farm in Canandaigua, NY.
- The Wegmans Employee Scholarship Program has awarded $100 million in college tuition assistance to Wegmans employees since 1984.
- Wegmans received the 2011 Friend of Education Award from the School Administrators Association of New York State.
- Wegmans has received too many awards to list recognizing its commitment to working mothers, workplace diversity, employment of seniors, and employment of those with developmental disabilities.
Saturday, May 30, 2015
This blog lasted almost three months without mentioning Wegmans, but at some point it had to be done. As with commute times, selling a location based on its grocery store might seem like a stretch. But just as it's impossible to not admire Lebron James at the pinnacle of his trade, it's hard to not appreciate an entity that serves as the model for all its competitors. Here are a few reasons why Wegmans is revered: