- In 2011, Kiplinger identified Rochester as being the best location for commuters among metro areas with over 1 million people.
- The average commute time in Rochester was 18.7 minutes, compared to 25 minutes nationally. That's a saving of over 50 hours (or 2 full days) per year.
- The yearly delays per commuter amounted to 12 hours in Rochester, compared to 34 hours nationally.
- The yearly fuel wasted per commuter was 11 gallons in Rochester, compared to 28 gallons nationally.
- The yearly congestion cost per commuter was $273 in Rochester, compared to $808 nationally.