- 62 resort, semi-private, and public golf courses are located within a 45-mile radius of the center of Rochester.
- Golf Magazine and the National Golf Foundation have identified Rochester as the 10th best golf city in the country, in particular highlighting affordability.
- The LPGA Championship was played in Rochester from 2010-2014.
- Golf Digest has ranked the course at Oak Hill Country Club among the Top 100 in the country (#16 to be exact.)
- The aforementioned Oak Hill Country Club has hosted the PGA Championship (as recently as 2013), the Ryder Cup, the U.S. Open, The U.S. Senior Open, and the Senior PGA Championship.
- According to its print version, Rochester Golf Week (published weekly since 1988) is America's only weekly golf newspaper
Monday, March 23, 2015
Do you like golf? Either do I. But it is impossible not to find intrigue in the fact that Rochester, known basically for snow, is considered one of the best golfing regions in the country. Golf in Rochester is a perfect example of how perception can not just cloud reality but in fact completely obscure it. Here are a few interesting facts: