- Great pride comes with discussing Rochester's assets and accomplishments (museums, breweries, schools, Finger Lakes, inner loop removal, etc.).
- At times, Rochester can be remarkably irritating (repeated discussions about Kodak, the train station (shack), the Family Dollar store next to the empty garage type thing on Main Street, etc.).
- After some time away from Rochester, a strong desire to reconnect develops.
- Something about Rochester demands taking abundant photographs.
- Making fun of Rochester is fair game, unless a non-Rochesterian is making the jokes.
- After years of knowing Rochester, you got to admit that he/she is a really good kid.
Friday, December 30, 2016
The holiday season serves as a great (usually) opportunity to reconnect with family. During this year's festivities, I had the realization that Rochester is in many ways just like a dear family member: