From the perspective of a non-grumpy Rochesterian:
- It is remarkable that our bars/restaurants are being recognized among places in New York City, Denver, San Diego, Boston, Portland (OR), New Orleans, and Washington D.C.
- Good Luck is eight years old and is credited with bringing the craft cocktail to Rochester. We are fortunate to have a renewed energy that is introducing us to the latest trends and taking them to the highest level.
- Swan Market is over 80 years old. The intersection of new and old in Rochester is what gives the city a depth that is harder to replicate in other parts of the country.
Alas, not everyone is as excited about this recognition. The grumpy Rochesterian (i.e. the Democrat & Chronicle comments) had this to say about Good Luck:
- David didn't get around much. It's the most overrated bar in town...
- Pretension or complexity should never be confused with quality...